MOVEMBER GENERAL PRIVACY
Date of last revision 8 September 2015
Movember is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of any personal information which you provide to us.
1. Collection of personal information:
You may provide personal information to Movember for a variety of reasons, including to receive information, to purchase products, to make a donation to a Mo Bro or Mo Sista, to provide your motivation or personal story to Movember, to receive information about or become involved in promotions or other initiatives undertaken by Movember. This personal information may include (without limitation) details such as your name, image, address, mobile number, e-mail address, employer or business, health information or the amount you have donated. If you purchase products or make a donation to a Mo Bro or Mo Sista you may provide Movember with credit card details and other information which will allow Movember to process the transaction. Movember may also request your preferences for receiving further information about the Movember campaign or outcomes from the funds raised.
The choice of how much information you provide to Movember is yours and of course if you want to use Movember's Services, make a donation, or otherwise participate in Movember programs and events, Movember will require certain information from you in order to provide the services or conduct the programs and events.
2. How does Movember use the Personal Information?
The personal information you provide to Movember through our Websites may be used by Movember for the following purposes:
If you choose to provide your personal details to Movember you agree that your personal information may be displayed or included as set out above. You also agree that your personal details may accordingly be identified, recovered and displayed by internet search engines. In certain circumstances we may give you the option to limit the public view of your information, for example:
- to provide you with products you have requested
- to provide you with information or other communications about Movember
- to involve you in promotions, future campaigns and other initiatives undertaken by Movember
- to include your image, name and details on our Websites if you register as a Mo Bro or Mo Sista (these will not appear in public search results if you choose a limited public view Mo Space – see below)
- to include your name, comments and amount of donation on our Websites if you make a donation to a Mo Bro or Mo Sista (unless you choose a private or anonymous donation - see below)
- to enter you into automatic prize draws if you are a registered Mo Bro or Mo Sista and meet the relevant draw criteria
- to market Movember and/or its campaigns and events
- to analyse statistics in relation to the Movember community
Please be aware that if you change your Mo Space from public to a limited public view, your Mo Space may have already been indexed by a search engine and may therefore appear in searches conducted on that search engine until it re-indexes your Mo Space as limited public view. In some cases the search engines do not re-index their searches so your Mo Space may still appear on those search engines after you have changed your profile from public to limited public view. If you have a concern that a particular search engine hasn’t removed your Mo Space from their search results please contact us at email@example.com and we will contact the search engine directly to request deletion of the reference to your Mo Space in their search results.
- Your Mo Space - you have the option to select a limited public view Mo Bro or Mo Sista Mo Space. This means that we will endeavour to ensure that your Mo Space is not available to general internet search engines and is inaccessible by a general search of our Services. Your Mo Space will also not be displayed on your public team page (if you are part of a team) or network page (if you are part of a network). However, you should also be aware that your limited public view Mo Space will be available as follows:
- to users that search for you in the “Donate” section of the Movember Services;
- if you belong to a team, then your team members that are logged in will be able to view your Mo Space; and
- through a direct link to your Mo Space.
3. Communication preferences:
- Your donations - you have the option to make:
- a private donation, in which case your name and amount of your donation will only be disclosed to the recipient in their private view of their Mo Space, however your donation amount will be included in the total calculation on their Mo Space; and
- an anonymous donation, in which case the amount of your donation will be displayed on the recipient’s public and private view of their Mo Space but your name will not be displayed in either the public or private view of the recipient’s Mo Space.
Where you have agreed to receive Movember emails, Movember may use your personal information to send you emails (including marketing emails) about the Movember campaign and the outcomes achieved with the funds raised. If you are a registered Mo Bro or Mo Sista, Movember will automatically send you an email whenever there is activity on your Mo Space or updates to your donations. You will be provided with an opportunity in each email communication to decline to receive any further communications from Movember. In addition, you can change your email marketing preferences in the settings in the “Edit My Details” section on your Mo Space.
4. Security of your information:
Movember takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information it collects, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. However, no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure. Note that Movember does not store credit card information.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information:
Personal information collected by Movember may be shared with any company within the Movember group of companies.
We may disclose your personal information to our suppliers or other external third parties for analytics and data analysis, for outsourcing some of the functions and services relating to the purposes for which your personal information may be processed by Movember and otherwise to enhance our Services. When we contract external services providers, we may provide them with your personal information, but only to the extent required for them to fulfil that contract, or where you would reasonably expect Movember to disclose it to a third party for a particular purpose.
Regardless of where in the world you reside, Movember may transfer your data outside of your own country, including to Australia and the United States, for processing, including analytics, and storage. This may result in your data being transferred to a country which has a lower standard of data protection than the country in which you reside. Wherever your data is transferred, it may be accessed by the courts, regulatory bodies, and law enforcement and national security authorities, according to the laws in the relevant jurisdiction.
We may disclose your personal information to social media platforms including, without limitation, Facebook so that the social media platforms may send you advertisements about future Movember events and initiatives and for analytics purposes.
If we send your details to Facebook they will be hashed before they are sent, and Facebook only briefly uses the data for matching purposes then deletes it: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/customaudiences/tos.php
If you wish to opt out of having your details provided to Facebook or other social media platforms, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell your personal information to other parties.
6. Access, correction and complaints in relation to personal information:
Access to personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected by Movember. Please send an email to email@example.com and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of receiving your request. There may be some legal or regulatory reason why access is denied or amendment refused. If this is so, we will tell you why.
Correction of personal information
If you believe any of your personal information held by Movember is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, Movember will take reasonable steps to correct the information. To request that your personal information be corrected or updated, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint about the handling of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com.
7. Links to other websites:
Movember is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any other website or service that is linked to a Website, or for the privacy practices of any third party social media or other service providers that you can access through a Website. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those websites or service providers.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer’s memory and hard drive when you visit certain web pages. They are used to enable websites to function or to provide information to the owners of a website.
- Analytical purposes: We use analytical cookies that allow us to recognise, measure and track visitors to our Websites. This helps us to improve and develop the way our Websites work, for example, by determining whether site visitors can find information easily, or by identifying the aspects of our Websites that are of the most interest to them. For these purposes, we may store the following:
- the name of the domain from which you accessed the internet
- the date and time you accessed our Websites
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Websites
- the pages you accessed while visiting our Websites
- the device from which you accessed our Websites
- the location from which you accessed our Websites
In addition, we use a third party service provider, KISSmetrics, to provide certain analytics services to us in connection with the operation of our Websites, including the collection and tracking of the data and information listed above. We may disclose visitor data, including personally identifiable information, to KISSmetrics to enable them to provide such services. Such data may be sent to KISSmetrics and their suppliers in the United States, where the standard of data protection may be lower than the country in which you reside.
If you wish to opt-out of KISSmetrics’ analytics service, then please do so using this link.
Your cookie preferences
- Usage preferences: Some of the cookies on our Websites are activated when visitors to our sites make a choice about their usage of the site. Our Websites then ‘remember’ the settings preferences of the user concerned. This allows us to tailor aspects of our sites to the individual user.
- Functional purposes: Functional purpose cookies store information that is needed by our applications to process and operate. For example, where requests within an application involve multiple stages, cookies are used to store the information from each stage temporarily, in order to facilitate completion of the overall request.
To make full use of our Websites, your computer or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as our sites will not function properly without them. In addition, cookies are required in order to provide you with personalised features on our websites.
Third party cookies
Amending cookie preferences