About Movember

Financials

2013 FINANCIAL SUMMARY
The Movember Foundation continues to receive donations for several months following the campaign end. To date, €90.8 million has been raised globally as a result of the Movember 2013 campaign. The funds were raised by 969,176 Mo Bros and Mo Sistas in over 21 countries around the world.
 
At the end of Movember Foundation’s financial year (April 30th), our financials are independently audited. This takes a couple of months and by August of this year we'll be in a position to update the below information with the 2013 figures. In the meantime, if you'd like further information how past funds are being spent, please take a look at our programme Report Cards, which provide a clear overview of the 832 programmes being funded by the Foundation itself and our men's health partners.


2012 GLOBAL FINANCIAL SUMMARY
The Irish Movember campaign raised €2.1 million in 2012. Globally the Movember financials are audited each year by PricewaterhouseCoopers. The chart below shows how Movember's global funds are applied:


 

84.6% Allocated to Men's Health Programmes
Of the global funds raised in 2012, 84.6% has been committed to programmes supporting prostate cancer and testicular cancer initiatives.  
The team is proud of the high percentage of funds committed to programmes, which is well above international best practice of 80% of funds raised invested in programmes.

In Ireland the funds go directly to our men’s health partners, the Irish Cancer Society. Working with Movember the Irish Cancer Society ensure that the funds are supporting a broad range of innovative, world-class programmes in line with our strategic goals.  These programmes are focused on:
  • awareness and education
  • living with and beyond cancer
  • research
For a complete report on every project we have funded and the impact the Movember campaign is having, please visit the Funded Programmes section.

NOTE: NOTE: All funds donated to our men's health partners are restricted and are only used for Movember Foundation approved programmes. This means that no funds are used to cover any part of our partners fundraising and promotional costs, with 100% of the funds go to programme delivery.

8.3% Fundraising Cost and 2.9% Administration Costs totaling 11.2%
A number of fundraising and administrative tasks are necessary to run an organisation and campaign the size of the Movember Foundation.
The Movember team is proud of its low fundraising and administration costs, which globally was 11.2% of the funds raised.  This is well below international best practice which is in the range of 15% - 20%.

Costs that are grouped under fundraising and administration include:
  • Salaries for staff involved in management, technology, fundraising and administrative tasks
  • Systems development and technology to run Movember.com, the mobile applications and to process registrations and donations securely
  • Telecommunications and computer equipment
  • Office rent and general office maintenance costs
  • Legal costs
  • Insurance
  • Bank fees
4.2% Retained Funds
As a fiscally conservative organisation Movember retains a small percentage of funds to cover future campaigns and to ensure the long-term continuity of the organisation.  The retained funds are being progressively built up over multiple campaigns, and once the Board of Directors are satisfied they are at a sufficient level, no further funds will be retained.